The Essie Summer 2010 collection has stolen my heart. I've retired "Lilacism" and "Greenport" and this shade has taken up residency on my fingers. Described as a "heart pounding red orange", Vermillionaire is my new fav shade.
1. I love sales. Sample, blowout, private, friends and family...all of them. Whenever I'm in the mood to pick up something a little edgy/different I head over to Intermix. My most recent purchase was a Torn by Ronny Kobooversized tee. The fact that it was on sale was an added bonus!
2. Pretty Little Liars- ABC Family has once again done it again. "A new kind of family", is their motto...it should be more like, "A slutty kind of family". The first episode starts off with a bang. Students hooking up with teachers, mom's hooking up with cops, a missing friend, a missing friend who turns out to be a dead friend and Chad Lowe playing the cheating father of one of those "Pretty Little Liars" or PLL as the lovely JF has dubbed it. Get ready ladies...this summer is going to be scandelous.
3. Soul Cycle- I'll be the first to admit that I would much prefer to eat a pizza and watch re-runs of Criminal Minds then go to the gym. BUT I think spinning has changed all of that. If you have the $32 plus $5 for shoe rentals and water, DO IT. Sure, you might not be able to sit down properly, cross your legs or easily run up and down stairs for a few days, but it's totally worth it. *Shoes are included in your first class
4. These Oliver Peoples "Racine" glasses. I don't own contacts so I'm either somewhat blind or wearing my glasses. I happen to like wearing glasses, and since I'm always looking to add to the collection, I thought these would be a welcome addition to the plastic accessory party. PLUS they are def GEEK chic.
5. Grooveshark -No explanation needed. Just check it out.
My life is on overdrive and I think my body has finally given up! I've been struggling with a cold since last Tuesday's Glee finale. My friends can all attest to my super attractive breath right strip and sinusey voice combo. Despite my desire to be a recklass 22 year old, I spent the weekend in bed. Like the fabulous KR it was a weekend of movies, meds and motherly bonding. I'm super sad to have missed RJ's housewarming in BK last night, BUT sleeping a total of 13 hours was necessary. Hope everyone had a fantastic weekend! XO
“Nothing is more practical than finding God, that is, than falling in a love in a quite absolute, final way. What you are in love with, what seizes your imagination will affect everything. It will decide what will get you out of bed in the mornings, what you will do with your evenings, how you spend your weekends, what you read, who you know, what breaks your heart, and what amazes you with joy and gratitude. Fall in love, stay in love, and it will decide everything.”
Many of you know where I interned my senior year of college. It was an amazing experience and one that I will never forget. In the spring of 2009, I went into the morning meeting just like I did every day. I sat down next to a petite brunette that I had never met before. She looked extremely familiar, but I just couldn’t place her. The meeting began and my boss started off by introducing the woman sitting next to me as Rachel McAdams---YES---Mean Girls, Notebook, Sherlock Holmes, Rachel McAdams. She was sitting in our meeting to research a new role…