Wednesday, September 30, 2009
1. I love the people I work with. They crack me up and I think my job is super fun.
2. GLEE was on. The episode...FABULOUS!!!! Listening to Queen makes me think of HS and Kristin Chenoweth is incredible. If you haven't already, go and download all the music on itunes from the cast of GLEE. It's well worth the $1.29
3. I may or may not have made "sessy" eyes with the train conductor...potential updates to follow.
4. I took one last spin around town in my car before I have to give it back. It was a bittersweet ride..."Lucy" is a red Jeep Liberty and she is super precious. I plan on dedicating a post to her tomorrow.
5. It was chilly enough today for me to wear my Black Elwood blazer from VEDA. It was part of my birthday present from the rents. Its basically a buttery, black leather menswear blazer. It's delishhh!
6. I saw this completely adorable pink VW bug and it made me smile. I've always wanted a bug because I a.) think they are super cute and b.) it was my dads first car back in the 60's. I actually had quite a facination with them when I was younger.
7. I had a fabulous time with my friends tonight. It's cheestastic, but they complete me.
Night Night and sweet dreams
Tuesday, September 29, 2009
Thank you so much Social Climbers for the award. I look forward to reading your blog every time you update because it is incredibly glam and fantastically preppy.
Everyone needs to check out her blog. It is AMAZING!!!
Here are the Rules for this award:
1. Thank the person who nominated you for this award.
2. Copy the logo and place it on your blog.
3. Link to the person who nominated you for this award.
4. Name 7 things about yourself that people may not know.
5. Nominate 7 Kreativ Bloggers.
6. Post links to the 7 blogs you nominate.
7. Leave a comment on each of the blogs letting them know they've been nominated
Here are some things you might not know about me…
1. I am terrified of Bees and I usually burst into tears if one comes near me. This fear probably stems from the fact that I sat on a hive when I was little.
2. It’s my dream to go to Le Cordon Bleu in Paris and study French Cooking.
3. I’m beyond clumsy and have done everything from fall up stairs, fall out of windows and break my nose during a failed attempt to impress a boy during flag football at summer camp.
4. I’m 22 and still love watching Disney Channel Movies…
5. I rearrange the sugar packets at diners based on color and brand. It’s slightly OCD.
6. I love Purell
7. I’m outwardly cynical when it comes to love, but am secretly (I guess its not so secret anymore) convinced that prince charming still exists. This is probably why I love Taylor Swift’s music so much.
Here are my nominations for 7 Kreativ Bloggers. Check them out. You won’t regret it!!!
Sunday, September 27, 2009
I never thought that having a Blog would connect me so many people that I have either fallen out of touch with or just don’t get the opportunity to see as often as I would like. I’ve received messages on facebook, comments and even phone calls from people I went to College, High School or Elementary school with and I love it.
I've also met people who I would have never met if it was not for their blogs. I have read some amazing posts from people I have randomly come across. This is why I have a list of Blogs I <3. Check them out too. I know you will love them!!
Hope you are all having a wonderful Fall weekend. I’m currently cuddled up in bed with my puppy listening to the rain and it superbly comfortable.
Saturday, September 26, 2009
So I'm taking this chance to say
With you today"
Friday, September 25, 2009
The sandwiches are delish. Take my word on it!
My favorite is the Marinated Chicken Breast with is Marinated Chicken on home-made Focaccia with chipotle mayo, cress and tomato. YUM!
Today I ordered one of the fabulous lunch specials. The Spicy Roasted Chicken Breast with Blue Cheese, Tomato, Arugula, and Herb Mayo on Sirato Baguette just wasn’t something I could pass up.
I will let you know how it is...
Thursday, September 24, 2009
In the meantime…I thought I would give a little update on a purchase of mine…
I did it…
I bought the Speedy…
The Louis Vuitton Speedy that I’ve wanted one since I was in middle school. I even purchased a fake when I was about 15 from some guy in Chinatown for $30 dollars. I sketchily followed him behind a wall in his “crack den” off Canal St. I could have died that day…or just ended up on a Nancy Grace "When children go missing" special, but it was all in the name of love…love for an accessory.
And am I…
But to quote Paula, “You only live once, and you might as well buy the damn bag”
It cost me 2 paychecks from my internship…paychecks that I have yet to receive, but I figured that at some point I would have the money...right? Plus it looks super fab with all my new “Trendy Casual” Clothing (I still have to post about all that as well…damn I’ve been slacking.)
Sunday, September 20, 2009
a. could never afford
b. would love to call mine
c. must find somewhere to wear
Alice and Olivia
Soooo pretty. This whimsical number is innocently pastel and belted to perfection…I also can't help but obsess over the models hair.
Jenny Packham always has the most fantastical party dresses. However I don’t live in a red carpet filled world, so I’m almost positive that I would have no where to wear this short metallic number, but a girl can dream…right?
Oscar de la Renta
I’d be lying if I said that it wasn’t a dream of mine to wear an Oscar de la Renta at some point in my life. The collection is always spot on. Classic yet sexy, Oscar always does it just right. In my eyes this dress is “sheer” perfection.
Marc by Marc Jacobs
One of the most difficult shows to get into is Mr. Jacobs. He proves why with his Spring 2010 RTW. Quirky, fun and slightly eccentric, Marc Jacobs is a prime example of how I would dress if I was an upscale, slightly edgy hipster. All I need is my “Brad” glasses from RZ project and I’m set.
On a side note, I hope you all had a wonderful weekend. My roomate and bestie from college kaleigh was here visiting and I had a fantastic time with her. We went all over the city and I think that she has finally been convinced to move into the city ( all we need to do now is find jobs). We also had a fab dinner and drinks with some friends from school. AS, NR and KV. Here's to reunions and $3 margs at Blockheads!
Friday, September 18, 2009
I finally reactivated my account so that I could properly stalk all of my favorite celebrities. As if it isn’t bad enough that I obsessively check Justjared and Perez every 15 minutes, I clearly need to have live Twitter feed on my blackberry indicating what Katy Perry is doing RIGHT NOW. After yesterday, I also came to the conclusion that having a twitter would be a helpful way to chart my awkward life.
Clearly, I would be the only person around when something like this happens…
I was minding my own business when I started to cross Spring St. Headed for the subway I wasn’t paying much attention to my surroundings…just kinda humming along to my IPOD, probably pretending I was being filmed… When I heard it…
Then I saw it…
…A hipster riding his bicycle (probably in his attempts to be more “Green”), getting clipped by a town car. The hipster goes flying through the air. I look around to see if anyone else has noticed what just occurred, because at this point, the man has picked up his bike, adjusted his large plastic glasses, dusted off his neon flannel shirt and ridden off into the American Apparell-esque sunset. The driver checks to see if his fender is ok…not the man he just hit…and proceeds to drive away. All while I stand, in awe on the street corner. I’m convinced things like this happen on a daily basis and only in NY. If this were to happen in Idaho it would be all over the news, but not in NY. Only in this fierce city can you see hipsters and town cars collide and no one gives a damn. “I die”- RZ, but the hipster didn't.
Moral of the Story…
Don’t get hit by a town car…or I will Tweet about you!
Tuesday, September 15, 2009
Needless to say I was not thrilled to be taking the 7:42. The only positive thing I can say about the 7:42 is that I had a whole new train car full of boys to look at…
Whatever, we’ve already established that I'm crazy so whatever...moving on.
My mother tells me that the “one” could be anywhere; He could be that guy making your coffee in Starbucks or possibly the boy you meet on the train. I’m cynical so I just laugh at her, but I decided that while I have some down time on the train, I might just test her theory on my commute and on my city travels, so I made it my job yesterday to keep an open mind about every guy I met/came into contact with.
This is what I have decided....
Its completely bizarre, but the first thing I always check for is a wedding ring…I’m getting to the age where people are getting hitched, and while that scares the living daylights out of me, its very plausible that the hot guy, who is my age on the train could be married or in a commited relationship. While I would love to be able to facebook stalk you upon meeting. I know that this is completey irrational. So please…if you are dating someone don’t flirt with me on the train (while flirting rarely occurs, I think its best to approach this situation head on. Example: Hi, my name is _______ I am single or Oh, hi ______I have a GF that I am going to casually leave out of all our conversations.)
The guy who saw me sass my mom in the parking lot of the train station will not become my new BF…Reasons why include the fact that he saw me sass my mother and the fact that I was about 6 inches taller than him.
Men who wear Yarmulke’s: We all know that I would make a lovely Jewish wife, but I draw the line at yarmulkes on a Tuesday. I don’t want to hu if there is the potential that in the near future that I will have to give up bacon and wear a wig on Saturdays. I have good hair and I would prefer not to look like Kim Zolciak.
I’ve also decided that finding attractive boys on the train is all about the car you sit in. Commuters are creatures of habit and we tend to follow a routine. For example I sit in the third car on the 7:31 every morning. Unless I miss it like I did today…assclown conductor who drove away…Chances are if you find a hot guy in a car and he carries a monthly, he will probs be sitting there tomorrow as well. This hypothesis has been tested. Last summer there was this total hottie, I would say a cross between Nate Archibald and Bill Compton. He stood on the platform, waiting for the 5:33 every night and sat in the same car. I may or may not have slightly stalked him…anywho…I've yet to find the hot guy car, but I will keep you posted.
I’ve also decided that there are things I will not compromise on when looking for a potential fling on the train…
1.If you have frosted hair ....Sir on the E Train...I'm talking to you. Frosted hair went out of style with white eyeliner and tamagachis.
2. Weird tattoos. I like tattoos just not when I
a. Can't read them becayse they are some sort or asian character
b. Because its barbed wire around your arm.
3. Wedding rings…if you’ve got them, stay away…unless you want to offer me a job.
4. If by some off chance you find me attractive and you want to flirt with me on the train I would prefer you hit on me when you are somewhat sober. Drunk guy on the train- I'm talking to you!!! While you are attractive, the slurring words make me wanna punch you in the face. It also makes me want to tell that lovely lady whose car you just got into, that you have been making creepy eyes at me since Jamacia.
Where are you adorably awkward boy who wants to hang out with me? To quote True Blood “I'd wear you like a scrunchie”
Project search for a potential thing…FAIL. Whatevs I’m done looking. Now it’s your turn to find me.
Sunday, September 13, 2009
My friends. They are amazing and have made my birthday absolutely incredible. Dinner last night at Crispo was magical. I feel really lucky to have such amazing people in my life. It was a night of indulgences starting with Affettati followed by some Pinot and Prosecco. We continued with the meal and enjoyed our delectable entrees, from encrusted Halibut to Carbonara, it was all TO DIE FOR and finished with the most INSANE Crème Brule and Pot de Crème (with candle of course!) I have ever had. It was a night I will never forget. I heart my friends!
Pictures to follow...
Thursday, September 10, 2009
Because its awesome!
I by no means have an entertaining life. I am 21 years old ( soon to be 22), somewhat employed and am still living at home. And unfortunately my love life is about as tragic and horrific as watching Brit Brit's 2007, VMA performance.
The most exciting thing about my life is my internship and my friends. Don’t get me wrong. I’m OBSESSED with both. However, I do not live this fabulous life I dream of. And while I love to pretend that I am Whitney Port as I walk down Hudson St. to my office ( humming the theme song to The City...of course). I'm am reminded that I'm not WP, in fact, I am a chubby, short imitation WP that DVF would totally scoff at!
I j’adore terrible reality television. If its on Bravo, I watch it. If it’s a "unscripted" drama about rich pre-pubescent snobs…chances are I have seen every episode and if it involves people being filmed while eating at a trendy restaurant, I can promise you that I am picturing myself in that scene and we are probably at Le Duex or Cafeteria.
Wtf has my life become? Am I pathetic?
But I don't really care. Who knows, maybe one day, during a heated argument over spaghetti, I will flip a table at a fancy restaurant and call someone a prostitution wh@re.
Until then I'm going to keep humming songs in my head and I suggest you do the same.
Wednesday, September 9, 2009
I apologize in advance that this post is going to be quite the mish mosh of random shit.
So lets jump right in to the insanity…
Julie and Julia was phenomenal and Meryl Streep is officially my favorite actress…this was pretty much solidified when I saw her as Miranda Priestly in Devil Wears Prada (The movie based on the book that was somewhat influenced by Lauren Weisbergers time at Vogue), but even more when I saw her in Julie and Julia.
I interviewed at Vogue and it is scary as hell. It’s all white laquer on the walls and you can totally hear a pin drop…picture Lauren on The Hills, but much scarier because this is NY not Cali…First of all, everyone is super hungry at Vogue/Teen Vogue. I swear, my cockapoo Tyler weighs more than some of these editorial assistants…so I can only imagine what it must be like to be working for Anna Wintour (as fierce and exceptional as she is…she scares the living daylights out of me). So yeah I <3 Meryl Streep and her performance as Julia Child…EXCEPTIONAL!!!
Told you this was going to be random….
Sidenote (what am I talking about, this whole post is like one long sidenote)…after my freshman year in college…when I ABSOLUTELY hated my life I contacted the Le Cordon Bleu in France about studying French Cooking. While I never made it to Paris, I am positive that one day I will travel to the land of BUTTER and stinky cheeses and learn how to make Beef Bourguignon just like Julia. Ughhh CHEESE…cheese makes me think of the Goat Cheese Tart at Balthazar (I am totally dying and want one right now)
Anywho…here is her recipe…I’m totally making it this Fall…omg and its on ABC.com (I miss them at ABC)
OK…I’m going to go watch GLEE
Julia Child in a corn maze thing...I DIE
Tuesday, September 8, 2009
Anywho…like I was saying in a previous post I mentioned my love of September because it means the start of a new television season. I know its terrible and quite mindless to spend hours in front of the television, but I absolutely love it. People need to get over it and realize that there are a plethora of fantastic television shows that they should be watching! Some are more mindless than others, but who the hell cares. If I wanted to learn something I would turn on the news or pick up the paper.
With that being said, I will now tell everyone who reads this blog (all three of you, my mother included) about my new favorite show of the fall.
I cannot get enough of this show. I saw the preview pilot episode a few months ago when it aired after American Idol and it was incredible. GLEE focuses on a High School’s failing show choir and one teachers attempts to bring it back from obscurity. The show also includes fabulous show choir renditions of classic songs.
Like... "Don't Stop Believing"
The characters are charming and stereotypical high school archetypes...like
The Nerdy Show Choir Girl
The Bitchy, God loving, virgin cheerleader
The flamboyant male show choir participant
The Sessy Teacher
The other Sessy teacher who pines for Sessy Teacher #1
The Black girl with vocals that rival Aretha Franklin
Creator Ryan Murphy( Nip Tuck) brings his sarcastic and somewhat dark humor to life once again in this incredible show…I’m wearing my most flashy show choir-esque ensemble and setting up shop in my living room tomorrow for what I’m sure will be an incredible night.
Until tomorrow I wait with anticipation and GLEE for the most amazing premiere this fall.
The last time I had the pleasure of riding the E to Spring, I was kissed by a homeless man...I kid you not. I tried to bob and weave, but it was a FAIL!
Maybe he will be my new boyfriend?
or maybe not...
Happy first days to everyone including my bro who is starting HS...try not to get shoved in a locker kev!
Sunday, September 6, 2009
Here is why…
1. It’s my Birthday Month…YAY for me. I will be turning 22 on September 13th. I officially feel old and can no longer look forward to another birthday ever again…ok, that was a bit dramatic, but honestly the next big birthday is 50 and no one looks forward to that birthday... unless it comes with copious amounts of gifts and a vacation to Paris with all my friends.
2. It finally gets chilly enough for fall clothing! No more unflattering shorts and sticky summer heat. I can’t wait for the chill to begin. Argyle knee socks, corduroy and scarves remind me of walking around Fairfield.
3. It’s the start of the new school year, and while I may no longer be a student, I am looking forward to living vicariously through my younger brother Kevin who is starting High School. There is something absolutely invigorating about fighting off a rando mom for the last 5 Star notebook at Staples after the first day of school. It’s a brand new start and there is something very refreshing about that. It makes me smile.
4. September reminds me of driving with the windows down, blasting music and singing until I terrify my neighbors with my voice.
5. September smells really nice…I know that sounds absolutely ridiculous, but it does. Trust me on this one.
6. Apple picking season has begun. Driving out east with the family on a crisp and sunny Saturday is the perfect weekend adventure. Whether they are Macintosh, Granny Smith or Red Delicious, apples are a September staple…which leads me to the next item on my list.
7. Pies…Pies are a September tradition. It’s probably because there are so many apples left over from picking waaaay to many.
8. Fashion Week in NY...need I say more?
9. My favorite thing about September is that my television shows are all back. This will actually get its very own post because there are waaaaayy to many exciting new (GLEE) and old shows (Greys, Private Practice, CSI NY, House, Chuck, The Office...the list goes on and on) to talk about. It’s going to be an amazing season for television. I cannot wait.
Open your windows, get out your scarves, send me a present and go apple picking, because its September and September is AMAZING!
Saturday, September 5, 2009
Putting all that aside, it was an absolutely fabulous day for the Open. It was sunny, slightly breezy and we had some great matches (I still don’t know if that is what they are called…).
The morning started off with Roger Federer (or Rog as I like to call him. He isn’t aware of it yet, but he is my new boyfriend. Can you say SESSY?), Maria Sharapova (aka the girl from the camera commercials who has the little white dog) and Andy Roddick (umm…hello? Total HOTTIE)
However, the star of the show had to be the 17 year old American, Melanie Oudin, who played against Sharapova. Like I said before, I know about as much about Tennis as I know about underwater basket-weaving, but after todays match, I can promise that Oudin is the girl to watch. Today was definitely her day and the packed Stadium knew it too as they watched her take down Sharapova. YAY for you Oudin!!!
So based on today, I think that my Tennis education was taken up a grade…maybe I’m a middle school level now and I thought I would share with you what I learned.
1. Preppy Attire is a must at the US Open…bring your favorite Polo shirt (they happen to be a sponsor so if you forget yours at home you can pick one up for a measly $125)
2. Really attractive guys watch Tennis. The amount of attractive 20 something’s at Arthur Ashe was incredible...if only my parents weren’t with me.
3. Drinks are a must. I wasn’t aware that drinking and tennis went hand in hand, but the amount of Grey Goose (also a sponsor) Martini’s being served before 11am informed me that I was sadly mistaken.
4. Roger Federer is super Sessy
5. I would absolutely hate to be a ball girl/boy. First of all, some of the serves were clocked in at 125 mph…could you imagine accidentally getting hit with one. Plus those kids had to run around chasing bright yellow balls around in 90 degrees. GOO
6. Celeb sightings are almost always going to happen during the US Open. I never knew Sienna Miller and Jason Bateman were fans of Tennis…on second thought...maybe it’s the Grey Goose Martinis.
7. I actually don’t mind watching Tennis!
I will now leave you with some photos and a quote from Paula (for all of you who don’t know, Paula is my mom)
“Get your shit together Rog!” – in reference to a time in which Roger Federer almost missed a shot. She yelled this...at the stadium...and people heard her.
Ash Arther Ashe Stadium...where it all goes down!
Ralph Lauren...this is where you can pick up your overpriced US Open Polo shirt.
Awww...New Christmas Photo? This is right before I discovered I was in love with Rog.
Rog during his Match(?)
Thursday, September 3, 2009
This girl is amazing.
She has amazing covers of “Apologize” by OneRepublic and “Use Somebody” by Kings of Leon, but her original songs are even more incredible.
Everyone needs to check out
Boys and Girls
Pixie is this incredible 18 year old singer songwriter from England. Her album comes out September 14th (the day after my birthday…yay) and I will be first in line to buy it.
I believe that it's time for SEXY, yet tasteful and appropriate work tops.
Silk Frances Cami is absolutely fabulous on. You MUST be willing to work the ruffles though because they are quite fierce and definitely the focal point on the shirt. I already have this in Ivory and Lavender and they both go great with all the basics, from jeans to pencil skirts. I also love it worn under a basic v-neck sweater…the ruffles come right out of the fabric and add a pop of color and a fun frill to the basic closet staple.
Kelsey ruffle top. I die for the buttons down the front and the understated ruffle collar…this is for those who aren’t daring enough to try the Silk Frances Cami (I know it's intimidating, but try it...I promise you will love it!). The Sweet Papaya color is my favorite.
Silk Tiered Cami- I really like layers and anything tiered because it covers up the “fatty fatty no friends” areas of my body. This top is not only pretty, but practical. It comes in 6 colors for fall and adds just the right amount of fun for my cardigans. Plus it has pretty little buttons on the shoulder.
Tissue boyfriend V-neck tee: CURRENTLY ON SALE FOR 9.99!!!
Literally, it's the perfect layering t-shirt. Get one in every color…I’m not exaggerating.
Long Boyfriend Blazer…we’ve already heard about how much I adore this blazer. GET ONE!!!...ooo and I like that necklace in the picture...on to the accessories tomorrow.
Until tomorrow, when I have more time to update and discuss my adventures in the woods, aversion to taking fish off the hook and love of David Yurman!
Tuesday, September 1, 2009
With a dress code like “Trendy Casual,” a normal person would be thrilled to find out they can wear jeans every day if they want, but this stresses me out. I need to look ferocious...at all times. My wardrobe needs a complete overhall…ok that’s a blatant exaggeration, but a few pieces need to be added. I think I know where to start...
Beginning with some of these yummy finds, I have set out to re-vamp my wardrobe...
Today I have begun with my cardigan and skirt list, but as the week continues look for my posts on shoes, tights and shirts to go with your new "Trendy Casual" work wardrobe.
Let's begin with some Cardi's. My ultimate fav and wardrobe MUST HAVE!!!!
The Jackie Cardigan. A MUST HAVE cardigan for every wardrobe. It comes in a plethora of colors and sits right at the hip. The cotton material can be dressed up with a cute pencil skirt or dressed down with a pair of skinny jeans and ballet flats.
The Merino ocelot cardigan is a new favorite of mine. It is FABULOUS!!!! With its 3/4 sleeves and slightly fitted silhouette, the Ocelot Cardi will look fabulous with the Silk Francis Cami or with a fabulous t-shirt. I will be pairing mine with my favorite black AG Stilt Jeans
J.Crew Merino Maya cardigan is next on my "Trendy Casual" list. It has a slightly gathered front and is super light, which makes it the perfect cardigan for a breezy Fall day. 3/4 sleeves make it a more casual cardigan, but I can definitely see myself rocking it with a wool skirt and some boots.
Skirts are Next!!!
I have a decent collection of pencil skirts...and by decent I mean I own a basic black skirt and one in grey. I need to spice it up! I think these will do the trick...
J.Crew Silk indigo floral skirt is just what I am looking for. I love the vintage inspired floral print and the colors are just delishhh. I'm also a sucker for pockets so this skirt definitely gets extra credit in that department.
I love love love the felted Mini for fall. I WILL be pairing mine with a cardi(obvi) and a pair of scrumptious tights. I think that the Ivory is absolutely perfect for what i want...plus I already have it in dark gray from last season.
I will never ever own this skirt because it costs more than my paycheck will be, but how can you not be completely and utterly in love with this sparkly masterpiece...
Living in a J.Crew filled dream world.