1. Quotes- It's no secret that I absolutely adore quotes. I love reading them, posting them and finding new ones to fall in love with. Check out Hollies Quotes, it's one of my favorites.
2. Summer Sales- I definitely took advantage of the J.Crew Sale I posted a few days ago and on my way home from work I stumbled across a 50% off sale at Theory in SOHO. Having no self control, AC and I stopped in..and each left with a dress.
3. Cooking- OK, I always love to cook so technically this shouldn't be on the list. With that being said, I am loving Summer inspired recipes! Like this pasta I made last night courtesy of Giada. I substitute the Fregola with Orzo because let's be honest, has anyone ever seen Fregola at Stop and Shop?
4. Twitter- I wasn't to sure about this "Tweeting" trend, but it's definitely grown on me. I think I owe it to my coworkers EF and KS...tweeting is so much more fun when you have someone to @mention.
5. My coworkers- I never thought I'd love them all so much. I always thought I felt connected at my old job, but was I wrong! Work is so much more fun when you have people you enjoy seeing everyday. The snack cart, ledge chats, TV recaps and Wednesday night spinning are all just part of why I love working with them so much...to be hones, I don't know what I'd do without 'em.
Every summer my friends all get together and participate in a very fabulous NYC tradition.
Let me break it down...
3 courses for $35. AMAZING!
For everyone watching their budget, this is the perfect opportunity to try out those swanky restaurants you wouldn't have dreamed at splurging at before. This year, we will be hitting up Butter (3rd summer in a row) and tonight we will be kicking it all off with a reservation at Park Avenue Summer.
I've been in the new apartment (aka my sublet with AC) for 1 week. I LOVE IT. I'm going to be really sad to say goodbye to it in 2 months.
So far this week I've accomplished a lot. Let's discuss...
I survived the heatwave. It's been about 100+ degrees in NYC and thank goodness it's finally cooled off. There were times when I contemplated not showering, since by the time I arrived at work, I was drenched in my own sweat...gross.
I got a haircut. It had been 7 months since my last visit with Antoine...tragic.
I attended a GMA Summer Concert in Central Park with some of my favorite coworkers AC, JF and BG. The concert was AMAZING. Maybe it was sunshine, the front row VIP section (thanks to my old coworkers) or because we all looked so stunning in the drizzle, but Lee acknowledged our presence. It could have also been the fact that BG was screaming for him to wish AC a happy birthday (which he did...twice). I've said it before, and I'll say it again...Lee DeWyze= The Perfect Man.
and last but not least...
I headed back to Long Island for my cousin MV's Wine Tour Bachelorette party. Let me just say, I feel like the Khloe Kardashian of the group. At 5'6, I tower over the other girls...Check me out in the photos...I'm slouching in all of them. I love my cousin Michelle and I CANNOT wait to see her get married in August.
The Bridal Party at the first Vineyard. L-R SL, MV, JV, ME!! and KK
Summer weekends are always jam packed. In approximately 50+ hours you need to cram in everything you didn’t have time to accomplish during the course of the week. Last weekend was another one of my stellar cram sessions. Friday night sushi with KR, mini-playdate with my favorite 8 year old (check out the munchin below) and on Saturday went to Stamford to see TKH and KMC. Saturday went off without a hitch until around 4 a.m…stop reading now if you have no interest in hearing about why this was my NIGHTMARE…or, if you’re under the age of 18.
I'll set the stage...it’s 4 a.m. and I have to pee. I start to move from the aerobed that TKH and I are sleeping on in the basement of KMC’s house, when I hear two people hardcore hooking up outside of the door…like screaming. It was repulsive. If someone could relay this message back to Norm (yes that was his name…and I’m calling him out on this blog). I’d like you to let him know that he’s gross and he's an embarassment to himself. GET A ROOM NORM----GET A ROOM.
Wedged on the sink, on top of the bottles of Powerade from Costco and up against the bedroom door is NO place to be hooking up with some chick you picked up in a bar. Since you were...
a) too drunk to find her a way home
b) to drunk to remember her name
c) a guest in someone elses house
I’m positive you should never be invited back!
This weekend is extra exciting because not only is it July 4th BUT… I’m moving. Finally, after commuting for what seemed like an eternity, I’ll be turning in my monthly ticket and getting myself a Park Ave. address (I’m not joking…). I’m subletting for the month of July and August with the fantastic AC. Fingers crossed by September I’ll have a permanent address!