Sunday, September 6, 2009

I <3 September

It’s finally here folks (yes, I did just use the word folks) September has arrived and it’s my faaaaaaavorite month.

Here is why…

1. It’s my Birthday Month…YAY for me. I will be turning 22 on September 13th. I officially feel old and can no longer look forward to another birthday ever again…ok, that was a bit dramatic, but honestly the next big birthday is 50 and no one looks forward to that birthday... unless it comes with copious amounts of gifts and a vacation to Paris with all my friends.

2. It finally gets chilly enough for fall clothing! No more unflattering shorts and sticky summer heat. I can’t wait for the chill to begin. Argyle knee socks, corduroy and scarves remind me of walking around Fairfield.

3. It’s the start of the new school year, and while I may no longer be a student, I am looking forward to living vicariously through my younger brother Kevin who is starting High School. There is something absolutely invigorating about fighting off a rando mom for the last 5 Star notebook at Staples after the first day of school. It’s a brand new start and there is something very refreshing about that. It makes me smile.

4. September reminds me of driving with the windows down, blasting music and singing until I terrify my neighbors with my voice.

5. September smells really nice…I know that sounds absolutely ridiculous, but it does. Trust me on this one.

6. Apple picking season has begun. Driving out east with the family on a crisp and sunny Saturday is the perfect weekend adventure. Whether they are Macintosh, Granny Smith or Red Delicious, apples are a September staple…which leads me to the next item on my list.

7. Pies…Pies are a September tradition. It’s probably because there are so many apples left over from picking waaaay to many.

8. Fashion Week in NY...need I say more?

9. My favorite thing about September is that my television shows are all back. This will actually get its very own post because there are waaaaayy to many exciting new (GLEE) and old shows (Greys, Private Practice, CSI NY, House, Chuck, The Office...the list goes on and on) to talk about. It’s going to be an amazing season for television. I cannot wait.

Open your windows, get out your scarves, send me a present and go apple picking, because its September and September is AMAZING!

XO,
Ash

No comments:

Post a Comment