Friday, September 18, 2009

Hipster vs Towncar

I hate to say it, but I have finally succumbed to the Twitter craze….Ok, so in all reality,I have had a Twitter since last March, but I rarely used it and actually had to reactivate my account. You can follow me if you want… twitter.com/xoashleymarie


I finally reactivated my account so that I could properly stalk all of my favorite celebrities. As if it isn’t bad enough that I obsessively check Justjared and Perez every 15 minutes, I clearly need to have live Twitter feed on my blackberry indicating what Katy Perry is doing RIGHT NOW. After yesterday, I also came to the conclusion that having a twitter would be a helpful way to chart my awkward life.


Clearly, I would be the only person around when something like this happens…


I was minding my own business when I started to cross Spring St. Headed for the subway I wasn’t paying much attention to my surroundings…just kinda humming along to my IPOD, probably pretending I was being filmed… When I heard it…


Then I saw it…


…A hipster riding his bicycle (probably in his attempts to be more “Green”), getting clipped by a town car. The hipster goes flying through the air. I look around to see if anyone else has noticed what just occurred, because at this point, the man has picked up his bike, adjusted his large plastic glasses, dusted off his neon flannel shirt and ridden off into the American Apparell-esque sunset. The driver checks to see if his fender is ok…not the man he just hit…and proceeds to drive away. All while I stand, in awe on the street corner. I’m convinced things like this happen on a daily basis and only in NY. If this were to happen in Idaho it would be all over the news, but not in NY. Only in this fierce city can you see hipsters and town cars collide and no one gives a damn. “I die”- RZ, but the hipster didn't.


Moral of the Story…


Don’t get hit by a town car…or I will Tweet about you!

XO
Ash

No comments:

Post a Comment