Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Julia Child, Anna Wintour and my RANDO life...

Just got home from work…I <3 my job and everyone that works there…and that is all I’m going to say because I don’t want to jinx it.

I apologize in advance that this post is going to be quite the mish mosh of random shit.

So lets jump right in to the insanity…

Julie and Julia was phenomenal and Meryl Streep is officially my favorite actress…this was pretty much solidified when I saw her as Miranda Priestly in Devil Wears Prada (The movie based on the book that was somewhat influenced by Lauren Weisbergers time at Vogue), but even more when I saw her in Julie and Julia.

I interviewed at Vogue and it is scary as hell. It’s all white laquer on the walls and you can totally hear a pin drop…picture Lauren on The Hills, but much scarier because this is NY not Cali…First of all, everyone is super hungry at Vogue/Teen Vogue. I swear, my cockapoo Tyler weighs more than some of these editorial assistants…so I can only imagine what it must be like to be working for Anna Wintour (as fierce and exceptional as she is…she scares the living daylights out of me). So yeah I <3 Meryl Streep and her performance as Julia Child…EXCEPTIONAL!!!

Told you this was going to be random….

Sidenote (what am I talking about, this whole post is like one long sidenote)…after my freshman year in college…when I ABSOLUTELY hated my life I contacted the Le Cordon Bleu in France about studying French Cooking. While I never made it to Paris, I am positive that one day I will travel to the land of BUTTER and stinky cheeses and learn how to make Beef Bourguignon just like Julia. Ughhh CHEESE…cheese makes me think of the Goat Cheese Tart at Balthazar (I am totally dying and want one right now)


Anywho…here is her recipe…I’m totally making it this Fall…omg and its on ABC.com (I miss them at ABC)

http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/recipe?id=8222804


OK…I’m going to go watch GLEE

XO,

Ash

Julia Child in a corn maze thing...I DIE

No comments:

Post a Comment