Monday, December 7, 2009

"The True American Artform"

On and off for the past year and a half I have worked in television and these are a few things that I’ve learned…

Getting up at 3am is the same as getting up at 6am….anything before the sun comes up, is all the same and there is nothing more peaceful and eerie than the city at 5am.

I’ve realized that celebrities are just like everyone else, with more money and better hair and that they are just as insecure and awkward as the rest of us.

I’ve also realized that I’m pretty good at what I do…actually I think I’m pretty awesome at it. It’s forced me to grow up, take chances and adapt in stressful situations.

I’ve learned that you have to love what you’re doing or you’re going to be miserable and while it’s difficult, exhausting and at times thankless…working in television is exciting, unpredictable and totally worth it.

To quote Kenneth from 30 Rock, “Do you know why I put up with this 'pitiful job', Mr. Donaghy, why I fetch these folks' lunches and clean up their barfs? Cause they make television. And more then jazz, or musical theater, or morbid obesity, television is the true American artform.”

“Goodnight and have a pleasant tomorrow”,

Ash

No comments:

Post a Comment