Sunday, May 9, 2010

I wanna fly I wanna drive I wanna go...

It's been awhile since I sat down to write in the blog. I can blame it on a lot of things...the new job being one of them, but At the end of The Day, I only have myself to blame. I've been distracted to say the least...

I fell off the blogging wagon. Blogging and I were taking a "break" from each other...we needed some time apart. After a brief hiatus (I only blogged twice in the month of April...super pathetic), I've come back to reignite our flame.

Without doing a play-by-play of what the hell I've been up to these past few weeks, I thought I'd share some one of my finer moments. Last weekend I traveled up to Boston for work. The trip went fabulous except for the cab ride from hell. Let me explain...

Despite being a New Yorker, I have nothing against Boston. In fact, some of my best friends live there (TKH...CM).

HOWEVER...

When it comes to public transportation, Boston should be ashamed of themselves. Getting a cab was like trying to get a date to prom. After numerous failed attempts, I was finally able to secure one. Now, I use the term cab loosely...to be quite honest, the "cab" was essentially a 1997 red town car with CAB haphazardly painted on the side. At this point I was desperate...I had errands to run for work and I realized very quickly, I was no longer in Kansas...or New York for that matter and that "beggars can't be choosers". I was getting in this cab whether I liked it or not.

Kamol, driver of the "death cab" assured me that he knows where I need to go. I have 4 stops and I show him the address asking if he is familiar with the area. He promises me that he will have me back in less than an hour.

Kamol was a LIAR.

Without spending 20+ years on this story, I'll sum up my ride with Kamol in a few sentences...

Kamol took me god knows where, drove on the sidewalk, almost hit a pedestrian, yelled at me twice for "not having faith in his internal GPS", asked me to google map where we were from my Blackberry AND asked me for my phone number.

Almost 2 hours after I began the death ride, I text TKH panicked that I was about to end up on the next episode of Nancy Grace. By the grace of god, TKH is that same Whole Foods...I make up some excuse to Kamol, throw $100+ dollars at him and run out of the car into TKH's.

She once again saves the day. The event went off without a hitch and I'm still alive...which is always a plus in my book.

I then headed down to Fairfield...

However, that story will have to wait til tomorrow.

For now, I'll leave you with a few of my new fav songs.






XO

No comments:

Post a Comment